Natural Gas Safety World: Student Worksheet #4
Using Gas Safely
Name: __________________________ Date: ________
- What does a normal flame on a gas appliance look like?
a) steady, not flickering c) blue in color
b) cone-shaped d) all of the above
- If someone in your home has flu-like symptoms without fever and you think they may have carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning, what should you do?
- What could happen if kids play with oven knobs?
- On the back of this sheet, draw a picture that shows an unsafe situation near a gas water heater.
- Explain what you should not do if you smell natural gas in your home.
- Explain what you should do if you smell natural gas in your home.