Electrical Safety World: Worksheet #5 Answer Key
Tell Me More
- Renewable means something can be replenished in a short period of time, so it will never be all used up. Biomass, geothermal energy, hydropower, ocean energy, wind power, and solar energy are examples of renewable energy resources.
- When electromagnets spin near copper wire it creates a magnetic field, which causes the electrons in the wire to move from atom to atom. The movement of electrons creates electric current.
- Students’ answers may include the notable inventors and inventions listed on this site: Alexander Bell and the telephone, Thomas Edison and the incandescent light, Michael Faraday and the generator, Benjamin Franklin and the lightning rod, Lady Augusta Ada Byron and the binary programming code, Lewis Latimer and the lightbulb’s carbon filaments, or Granville Woods and the railroad telegraph system. Or, students may describe less-prominent inventors and inventions not listed on this site.
- Students will draw various inventions to make kids’ lives easier or more fun.
- There are many ways to reduce energy waste at home or school. Answers will vary but should demonstrate students’ understanding of how to use electricity less and/or how to use it more efficiently.