Electrical Safety World: Student Worksheet #4
Tree & Power Line Safety
Name: __________________________ Date: ________
- What are two problems that could happen if a tree branch touches a high-voltage power line?
- True or False: Even if they are not sparking or humming, fallen power lines can kill you if you touch them or the ground nearby.
- Why is it important to call the underground utility locator service before planting a tree or doing other types of deep digging?
- True or False: Anyone can trim trees near high-voltage power lines if they get the local electric utility’s permission first.
- If your kite gets caught in a tree near a power line, why is it dangerous to try to get it down?
- If you are going to plant a tree, how far away from high-voltage power lines should you dig the hole?
10 feet away
b) far enough so when the tree is fully grown, it will be 10 feet away from the lines
5 feet away