Electrical Safety World: Student Worksheet #1
The Travels of Electricity
Name: __________________________ Date: ________
- You can move faster than electricity can. (True or False)
- Circle three objects from the list below that conduct electricity:
an aluminum ladder rubber lineman’s gloves
a copper wire a metal bench
a fiberglass ladder a glass insulator
What these objects have in common is that they are made of
- Insulators are important for safety around electricity because
- Plugging too many things into an outlet can overload it and cause
- Guess whether the power lines to your building are overhead or underground. Now look outside. Were you right?
- Use the following three items—a D battery, a lightbulb, and two pieces of wire—to draw a complete electric circuit that will allow the bulb to light up.