Name: __________________________ Date: ________
1. Most of the electricity used in the world is generated from ___________ that burn ___________ to heat water and make steam.
2. List the three forms of fossil fuels and give a brief description of each:
3. The type of energy that is steam (or hot water that has been converted to steam) and that comes from deep inside the earth is called ___________.
4. Three ways to generate electricity are:
Hydropower: uses the power of falling _______________________.
Ocean energy: uses the energy of the ___________waves and tides.
Wind power: uses the force of the _________ to spin turbines.
5. What are three types of alternative fuel vehicles?
6. What are some of the benefits of people-powered vehicles?